Pelham Place

From Historical Hastings
Pelham Place
Construction
Construction start1820
Completion1825

This short section of the seafront in front of Pelham Crescent and to the west of what was East Parade (now Breeds Place) and originally constructed in the early 1820s, is now faced by a parade being given to the Council by the Earl of Chichester in 1849[1].

Brett in his Manuscript Histories suggests that many of the properties were built expressly as lodging houses to accommodate the increasing tourist trade that had steadily increased since circa 1820. Indeed, a number of the properties in this area are known to have continued in such a guise through to the 1960s and later.

Images


Features

Features on this wiki

Name Street No From To



References & Notes