Mount Pleasant Road
Most of Mount Pleasant Road was completed between 1873 and 1897, with the portion adjacent to the 1970s flats (odd nos 27-43) being constructed in 1881 by builder Peter Friar featuring terracotta mouldings. The road is named after Mount Pleasant House which stood to the north of the current road. Due to new houses being constructed on the north side of Mount Pleasant Road between Hughenden Road and Priory Road circa 1896, it became necessary to carry out a partial re-numbering of houses in that section of the road., with a further renumbering taking place in 1901. Please note that prior to the 1896 renumbering the numbering used to run in the opposite direction to the current scheme; number 1 was at the Priory Road end as opposed to the Elphinstone Road end.
During both the 1896 and 1901 renumberings, plans were drawn up to show the new house numbers
|Acres the Bakers Ltd||15||1956||1970|
|Mount Pleasant House||45||1828||1901|
|O. J. Kyle & Sons||114||1904||1923|