Old Warm Baths

From Historical Hastings

Constructed in 1815, the 'Old Warm Baths' were a public bathing facility constructed by P. M. Powell (-1850) on Marine Parade[1]. By 1840, they were seen as antiquated and had, to a degree been made redundant by the nearby Pelham Baths which had opened recently[2]. At a Commissioner's meeting on the 7th of September, 1846, an attempt at purchasing the baths with a view to their clearance to open up the parade had been rejected by the owners[3].

Images


References & Notes

  1. Historic Hastings, J. Manwaring Baines pg. 305 & 404 ISBN: 0948869003 ISBN: 9780948869006 Amazon
  2. Brett's Manuscript History Vol. 3 Chap. 24
  3. Brett Manuscript Histories Vol.3 Chap. 36