From Historical Hastings
The Music Hall was situated in Robertson Street, also having an entrance from Havelock Road. Osborne's guide describes it as
”being well fitted up with a good suite of ante-rooms. The [Main] room is 80 feet long, 60 feet wide, and 85 feet high, and was built by a company in 1858, who have let it on a lease to Mr. Charles Lockey”.
Mr. Lockey would appear to have leased the premises for at least 30 years; there being reference to him still being proprietor in 1883.
The site became known as the Public Hall Assembly Rooms in 1875, then a cinema (1913-1978), a branch of W. H. Smiths (1978) and finally a public house - Yates Wine Bar.
References & Notes
- ↑ Osborne's Stranger's Guide to Hastings and St Leonards c1854 Pg. 48 Google Books On this wiki
- ↑ Newspapers.com: Clipping from The Era - Newspapers.com, accessdate: 25 May 2022