Middle Street

From Historical Hastings
Middle Street

A now, largely lost road being absorbed by the Priory Meadow shopping centre, this road consisted mainly of warehouses and builders premises by the 1950s/late 1960s. In 1863, the local builder John Howell constructed a saw mill in the road; this being the scene of a horrific accident in which one of Howell's employees had a leg amputated by the machinery[1]

Images


Features on this wiki

Name Street No From To


References & Notes

  1. Brett Manuscript Histories Vol. 10 Chap. 70 Pg. 121