Forty Acre Field
The Forty Acre Field occupied a large area extending from near Ore Place on The Ridge towards Old London Road and Halton. The field encompassed much of what is now the west side of Frederick Road The field was known to have been mined for white clay during the 19th century to provide the Silverhill Pottery with raw materials.
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 30 May 1891 Pg. 0006