Yielding Farm

From Historical Hastings

The Manor of Yielding was acquired by the Eversfield Estate around 1812, with Hull Farm being listed as the name of the farm.
In present-day terms, the farm stood in the area of Ghyllside Avenue and Grange Avenue, near to Old Roar Ghyll

Rolls of rentals of the manor list the following areas:
Gatemans (prev. Sackviles and Crispes) Frankenland/Carpenters/Crispes/Barringtons Stilefield and Torlands in Ore


1483: Richard Levett
c1500: John Levett
1554: Laurence Levett
1583: Mary Levett
1607: Thomas Eversfield - then continues in the same family

References & Notes

  1. The Eversfield Family - Landowners and their Sussex Estates 1327-1956 (A. C. Andrews 2004) Hastings Museum and Art Gallery Local Studies Room