The Dorset Arms
The Dorset Arms opened in the 1860s as a beer retailer at 21 Wellington Road (now Duke Road). It has a short and interesting history and was nicknamed 'The Bug and Flea' by locals. In 1880 it was a butchers as well as a beer retailer and in 1890 was renamed 'The Wellington Tavern' for a brief spell. It ceased being a public house in 1909.
References & Notes
- Buckle, Alan & Hastings Local History Group (2013). : From waterfall to windmill, p. 81.