St. Leonards Wesleyan Church
This church was the oldest non-conformist church in St Leonards, the original building suffering a disastrous fire on the 14th of April 1900 which resulted in almost the entire building being gutted; the only portion surviving being the steeple which remained at a precarious angle. Originally constructed around 1834, the church was extended in 1863, the re-opening celebrations being spread over three days - the 18th, 20th and 21st. of September 1863.
|This page is a works in progress. Please check in with the last shown editor in the history (press 'Alt' + 'shift' + H) prior to making any edits|
References & Notes
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 21 April 1900 Pg. 0005
- Brett Manuscript Histories Vol. 10 Chap. 69 Pg. 79