The Sports Ground was a football ground used by senior clubs in the town between 1904 and 1914. Built on waste land which was part of the Brisco estate, the ground was opened by Annie du Cros, wife of Harvey du Cros, who became MP for Hastings in 1906. Football clubs were forced off the venue as part of 'Borough Improvement Scheme' which saw the creation of White Rock Gardens and the bowling greens situated in front of Falaise Pavilion (Falaise Gym) were laid out in place of the football pitch.
There were also football pitches elsewhere on site, later known as the Catholic Ground, which played games to lesser senior games, these were located on what are now the Skate Park and Tennis Courts in White Rock Gardens.
==References & Notes==