Silverhill Post Office
The Silverhill Post Office first opened in 1853 as Tivoli and was based at 5 Silverhill Terrace (later 34 Sedlescombe Road North). It is likely the post office was renamed the Silverhill Post Office during the 1860s as the area had become known as following the demolition of the Tivoli Hotel. By 1870 the post office had moved to 6 Morghew Terrace (now The Welcome Stranger) and again moved in 1888 to 1 Morghew Terrace (49 Sedlescombe Road North).
References & Notes
- Buckle, Alan & Hastings Local History Group (2013). : From waterfall to windmill, p. 121/122.