From Historical Hastings
Ripon Lodge was built around 1874 as a large family home on The Ridge with an impressive outlook over the lower ground to the south. The building was of a typical layout for a high status building of this period with an associated coach house and stables. In 1925 Ripon Lodge became a hotel utilising the numerous bedrooms on the first and second floors. In the later 1940s the hotel was converted into a public house, however the building was subsequently demolished.