Privateer Inn

From Historical Hastings

Located in Wellington Mews and Elford Street demolished during the 1970s. The premises had their licensing opposed at a hearing during 1905, when it was felt that the town had too many licensed premises - apparently one per every 370 persons. In addition, there had been a recent disturbance outside a nearby fish and chip bar following closing time, although the licensee, Mrs. Squire - Landlady since 1893 - stated that she could not be held responsible for any disturbances at premises other than her own[1]

Images[edit]

References & Notes