Mount Pleasant Schools
Mount Pleasant Schools opened as a boys school and after amalgamating with the Boy's school in August of 1939, the Mount Pleasant Boys' School closed on the 17th of August 1939 Records of an infant and junior school on the site continue to appear in the street directories up until 1950, with the infants school continuing alone until 1958.
During 1952, a new junior school, Elphinstone School opened in Parker Road and the Mount Pleasant Road/Manor Road site continued in use as an annexe until its final closure in 1984. Registrations for Mount Pleasant Infant's School continue in the Elphinstone Junior School admission registers until 1976. By 1979, it finally was known as Elphinstone Infants School. Final closure and demolition followed some five years later in 1984. A sheltered housing complex now occupies the site..