James Lansdell (1786-1865)
From Historical Hastings
James Lansdell was born on 14 Jan 1786 at Bexhill, Sussex, the son of James Lansdell and his wife Matilda. He was a builder and property owner of Battle, Sussex, England.
On the 31st of August 1816 he married Martha Breeds (1793-1829) in St Clements Church. They had two children; James Lansdell Jr. and Mark James Lansdell.
The Lansdell family held many properties and much land; High Street, Mount Street, Parks Yard and Whatlington Street in Battle, and Breeds Place (having developed this together with the east side of Pelham Crescent in 1828), Castle Gardens, Castle Hill Road, Pelham Crescent and Wellington Square in Hastings.
He died on 20 Jun 1865 at Battle, Sussex.
|Children of: James Lansdell and Martha Breeds (1793-1829)|
|James Lansdell Jr||1822||28 February 1871|
|Mark James Lansdell|
References & Notes
- ↑ a b Parish Register – St Clements Church, Hastings, Sussex
- ↑ The Hastings Chronicle: 1800-1849 – The Hastings Chronicle, accessdate: 11 January 2020
- ↑ The National Archives: Archive of the Lansdell Estate in Battle and Hastings | The National Archives, accessdate: 11 January 2020
- ↑ England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index, 1837-1915
- ↑ England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966