From Historical Hastings
The 1838 single-track bridge that once spanned the main London road out of Hastings and St. Leonards was replaced by a twin-span bridge, capable of having four lanes of traffic flowing beneath, constructed out of pre-stressed re-inforced concrete in a £106,000 project during 1971. Much of the demolition work including the use of a wrecking ball from a crane was carried out overnight by the firm Felixstowe Construction, however, demolition work continued even whilst the road below was open during the day. The project included making the slip road (Junction Road) more free-flowing.
References & Notes
- ↑ Bruce Dowling via Facebook - Historical Hastings