The top end of the road originally being a sand-quarry and Jefferie's field, Dane Road is a wide, tree lined avenue containing large houses, many of which were used as Schools, from The Green to Pevensey Road.This road was renumbered during 1885. The junction with Charles Road and Pevensey Road consists of a grass triangle with a number of large Chestnut trees. There was a public telephone box until the 1990s on this triangle. This land was donated by Mr. C. J. Eversfield to the Corporation as ornamental ground in 1877.
Features on this wiki
|Winton House School|
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 20 July 1889 Pg. 0006
- Hastings & St Leonards Observer 04 April 1885 pg. 6
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 2 June 1877 Pg. 0005