|Named After||Benjamin Disraeli, Earl of Beaconsfield|
Beaconsfield Road is part of the Mount Pleasant estate and construction started around 1878 when it is reported during an application for a license at the Beaconsfield public house that the road is partly made-up. By 1908, there are some 38 properties in the road, mainly to the middle portion on the northern side of the road and scattered along the length on the south. Perhaps predictably, the houses are within walking distance of the local public house, it having been stated during the application for the Beaconsfield that the number of houses surrounding the Langham public house grew rapidly post-opening of the establishment. By 1928, from mapping almost the whole of the east end of the road has been populated with just a few 'infill' gaps remaining to the western end of the road.
Features in Beaconsfield Road
- ↑ This is taken from mapping information (see NLS links in references)
References & Notes
- ↑ Hastings & St Leonards Observer 24 August 1878 pg. 2
- ↑ Ordnance Survey 25 inch England and Wales, 1841-1952: View: Sussex LVIII.15 (Hastings) - Ordnance Survey 25 inch England and Wales, 1841-1952, accessdate: 10 January 2020
- ↑ Ordnance Survey 25 inch England and Wales, 1841-1952: View: Sussex LVIII.14 (Hastings) - Ordnance Survey 25 inch England and Wales, 1841-1952, accessdate: 10 January 2020