The Beaconsfield was a public house in Hughenden Road, which opened circa 1878 following the development of the aforementioned road. The first licensee was Peter Fryer and there was substantial opposition to the granting of the license, primarily by the Langham Hotel which was situated approximately 106 yards away. The pub closed in 2009 and was converted into five residential flats in 2012, on-street access to the basement flat being provided by means of forming a stairwell into what had been part of the cellar.
- 1878: Mr. Peter Fryer
- 1910: Mr. Flanders
References & Notes
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 24 August 1878 Pg. 0002
- Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref HS/FA/12/00093
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 10 September 1910 Pg. 0005