1970 to 1979
From Historical Hastings
<<1960 to 1969 : 1980 to 1989>>
Key events of the decade
- 1970 A new fire station was constructed on Bohemia Road.
- The buildings on the east side Castle Hill Road were demolished to make way for a new car park.
- The 'tower block' was opened at Helenswood School.
- St. Andrew's Church was demolished.
- 1971 The old arched Harrow Bridge was demolished and a replacement installed together with a new road layout.
- 1972 A new bandstand was constructed in Warrior Square
- 1974 Wishing Tree Reservoir was opened.