|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Originally at Numbers 1 and 2 White Rock, from the late 1890s the hotel was called the Yelton House Boarding Establishment, a first class Boarding House. The business ( started by Mr & Mrs P.T Notley would later expand into No's 3, 4 , 5, 6, 7 & 8. Later renamed the Yelton Hotel (Yelton being Notley - spelled backwards.) The business remained in the family for a number of generations; by the 1950s it was in the hands of Francis Starkey Bouquet, the husband of Mabel Adeline Notley ( P.T Notley's daughter).
On the 17th of February 1979, there was a major rock-fall from the cliffs behind the hotel, completely destroying one room..
Now known as the White Rock Hotel.
References & Notes
- Leigh Kennedy
- Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref: HS/FA/60/00005
- Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref: HS/FA/77/00186
- The Hastings Chronicle: 1950-1979 – The Hastings Chronicle, accessdate: 18 January 2020