|Former name(s)||Corn Hill|
|Places of Worship||St Clements Church|
|Public Houses||Hole in the Wall|
This street on the hillside near St Clements Church was once named 'Butchers Row' due to the concentration of butchers in the area. Later it became known as Bullocks Hill, then ultimately Hill Street. A William Luck was granted a ten year lease on some premises in the area in 1595. The meat trade in the area was controlled by a number of regulations issued by the Corporation.
|Hole in the Wall||20||1918||1971|