York Buildings

From Historical Hastings
York Buildings
Named AfterDuke of York
BuilderWilliam Ransom

The properties in York Buildings originally had front gardens enclosed by railings, which were paved over in order to widen the carriageway in front (Brett mentioning that the Town Commissioners had approved this in 1841) and shop fronts installed by around 1875 (Cousins giving this later date for the shop fronts)[1][2].


Features in York Buildings

Name Street No From To

References & Notes