White Rock Villa
|White Rock Villa|
|Address||St Margaret's Road, White Rock Road|
|Notable Occupiers||Lady Frances Jocelyn|
Constructed between 1852 and 1857, this was the home of Lady Frances Jocelyn the photographer between 1858 and 1878 (this giving rise to its popular name of 'Lady Jocelyn's Villa') on what was originally St Margaret's Road. It subsequently became an orphanage prior to demolition in 1919 when the track to the south was widened to become White Rock Road in connection with the construction of the adjacent White Rock Pavilion.