White Rock Battery
From Historical Hastings
The Battery at White Rock which was constructed in 1797 was situated on the lower portion of the White Rock promontery. The battery mounted three large guns taken out of the San Josef, a powerful triple-decked Spanish ship of 112 guns, which had been captured by Nelson in 1794.
References & Notes
- ↑ Brett Manuscript Histories Vol. 3 Chap. 37
- ↑ An Historical and Descriptive Account of the Coast of Sussex by John Docra Parry 1803 pg. 237 Google Books