St. James' Road
From Historical Hastings
St James' Road was constructed on part of Blacklands Farm. A strip of this land was sold back to the railway company in 1850 and development of the area would appear to have started soon after. The western end of the road, including number 15 was build on land sold back to the owner of the farm in 1859. Steps were constructed at the northern end of the road leading to the twitten between Quarry Road and St Mary's Road in 1877, the strip of land having been purchased from Mr. C. H. Frewen in that year. The road was subsequently renumbered in 1909.
Features in St. James' Road
References & Notes
- ↑ East Sussex County Council Archive 6257/1-8 The Keep AMS 6257/1-8
- ↑ British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 2 June 1877 Pg. 0005
- ↑ Hastings & St Leonards Observer 16 October 1909 pg. 8