Priory Road Fire Station

From Historical Hastings

Halton (Priory Road) fire station was constructed around 1879 by Peter Jenkins[1], plans having been approved for its construction in May of that year for a cost of £150[2]. The fire station was demolished in 1990, and the Air Raid Siren that had been affixed to its roof and utilised to call in retained firefighters post WW2. The siren was reportedly rescued by Graham Davies, then installed at St. Leonards Railway Engineering Ltd's premises prior to eventually being donated to Bexhill Museum by Rhys Evan-Holmes in 2023.


References & Notes