No values specified.
Hazelhurst is a large building in Stonestile Lane that was constructed around 1850. In 1926, the National Union of Printing and Paper workers moved its convalescent home into the building, a move possibly influenced by The Hermitage convalescent home in Holmesdale Gardens which was run by the Printers Medical Aid and Sanatoria Association. The Union renamed the building to the 'Alf Evans Memorial Convalescent Home'. By 1959, the Union moved out into premises in Bexhill. 
Being put up for sale in 1963, BUPA took over the building and it became known as the 'Grosvenor Park' nursing and residential home. Following this, the building remained empty for many years until conversion into apartments and renamed 'Hazel Court'. Hazelhurst Cottages nearby have also been renamed to Hazel Court Cottages.
- Home was named after women's trade union champion. | Hastings and St. Leonards Observer, accessdate: 12 February 2020