From Historical Hastings
Originally constructed as a one-off for the Festival of Britain in 1951, the Guinness Clock was so popular that many towns and cities requested that it visit. As a result eight copies were made and sent to various towns. The clock at Hastings first arrived in 1952, being placed on the parade opposite the junction with Robertson Street. Returning each summer season, the clock had mechanical performances every fifteen minutes, including the Guinness Toucan. The clock was finally dismantled circa 1966 when the mechanism became to expensive to repair.
References & Notes
- ↑ Leigh Kennedy - Historical Hastings