Ellis Son and Vidler
From Historical Hastings
Ellis Son and Vidler were wine merchants with premises at Pelham Crescent and Grand Parade
In 1860 the vaulted wine cellars beneath Pelham Arcade were built and occupied by Joseph Arnold, wine, spirit & beer merchants but a decade later they were trading as Ellis, Wilson & Vidler who operated the site as a bottling plant, then Ellis Son and Vidler whose name could (although now plastered over) be made out in raised letters beneath the paintwork on Pelham Crescent . Vidlers closed down in the early 1980s. The Arcade was for many years on the heritage at risk register until minor remedial work was done in 2012.
- 23;Grand Parade;;1980 :;Pelham Crescent;1870;1980