Cinque Ports Artillery

From Historical Hastings

The Fourth Cinque Ports Artillery Corps (Hastings and St. Leonards) was enrolled in February, 1860. Upon Establishment it had 200 men of all ranks. Uniform was blue with scarlet facings. The Battery for Target Practice was located near the East Well. Both this and the Cinque Ports Rifles shared a depot in Middle Street, which was erected in 1861, by Lieut. Col. Harcourt, for the joint use of the Artillery and Rifle Corps.[1]

References & Notes

  1. Osborne's Visitor's Guide to Hastings and St Leonards c1854 3rd ed. Pg. 62 Google Books