Cinque Ports’ Chronicle
The Cinque Ports' Chronicle was a weekly newspaper published in Hastings. The paper was launched on the 8th of September 1838. The paper itself was short-lived, changing hands and coverage multiple times until April 1841 when it was renamed the London and Southern Advertiser, having then been sold to a London publisher. At that point, coverage of news local to the Hastings area ceased.