Castle Hill Passage

From Historical Hastings
Castle Hill Passage

Brett claims that part of Castle Hill Passage was formerly known as Bedford Place and dedicated as such in 1850[1], however 1875 mapping reveals that Bedford Place was actually a terrace of cottages located on the west side of Russell Street at the junction. The name of Bedford Place for the hill (and perhaps the terrace of cottages) was most likely as a result of the Bedford Arms public house being situated on the corner with Queen's Road


Features in Castle Hill Passage

Name Street No From To

References & Notes