All Saints School

From Historical Hastings

Established as the result of an endowment from Sarah Whitear (1823-1873) in 1835 as an elementary school. The school's original location is variously stated as being either on the East Hill or at 57 All Saints Street. Moved to Harold Road in 1915, becoming named All Saints School before moving to Githa Road in 1959.[1]

Headteachers

1947: Mr. A. E. Richford[2]

Images


References & Notes

  1. Hastings & St Leonards Through Time (Nathan Dylan Goodwin) Google Books
  2. British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 10 May 1947 Pg. 0003