Ore Railway Station
|Opened||1 January 1888|
Constructed as a single booking office station in 1888 with two platforms, a footpath leading from Broomgrove Road to platform two the station was put in place during 1905; this was to alleviate the inconvenience of foot-passengers otherwise having to walk the extra distance to the entrance in Hughenden Road, on which side the booking office stood if coming from or further up towards . The footpath closed at some point in the 1990s, however its route can still be traced - the tarmac of the path being left in-situ.
1936: During shunting operations on the 20th of June 1936, two coaches of a train derailed and collided with a signal box causing a loss of signalling to the area. The coaches were partially 'telescoped', blocking the up-line to Ashford. Heavy cranes had to be sent for to lift the coaches clear of the tracks. Whilst attempting to re-set some points in order to clear the line, a porter inadvertently came into contact with a live rail and suffered severe burns to his right arm and leg. Services were terminated at Hastings Railway Station and it was not until approximately 24 hours later that the track was cleared.
1948: Whilst shunting a four carriage train from the up-line to the down-line on the 15th of October 1948, it derailed whilst underneath the Broomgrove Road bridge.