Clive Vale House

From Historical Hastings

No values specified.

Clive Vale House
Location
Loading map...


Standing on the north west corner of Alfred Road and Saxon Road between Edith Road and Hamilton Gardens, House was the home for many years of the solicitor W. H. Langdon (1879-1948) who founded the firm of Young, Coles & Langdon[1]. There is note of the property being offered at auction in 1880 together with the grounds for either occupation or construction[2]. The exact site of the house is now under Hamilton Gardens.

References[edit]

  1. Square Toes and Formal (Christopher Langdon) pg.68 Google Books
  2. British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 4 September 1880 Pg. 0004