Wilshin & Son

From Historical Hastings

A drapers store in Queen's Road between 1896 and 1959. They bought out the previous occupier of 21 Queen's Road (J. E. Wickenden) in 1896[1], also a millinery and drapery store which enabled expansion of the premises and a new shop-front was fitted around 1920[2].

Further modifications to the premises took place in early 1930 with the construction of a new building occupying both addresses[2]. The shop in its later years was run by the many-times mayor Douglas W. Wilshin, prior to closing in Hastings and moving to Rye.


References & Notes