Warrior Square Railway Station
From Historical Hastings
The station building and house, still in existence today, were constructed in 1851 by the South Eastern Railway (SER). The competing London, Brighton and South Coast Railway (LBSCR) trains were not allowed to stop here until December 1870, with the station being modified in 1887, possibly to accommodate the LBSCR trains. The two companies maintained separate booking offices until 1923 when they both became part of the Southern Railway.
In 1999, a £700,000 facelift was carried out on the station, the work commencing in February of that year
References & Notes
- ↑ 1980 onwards – The Hastings Chronicle, accessdate: 17 May 2020