The Cleeve

From Historical Hastings
The Cleeve
General information
AddressThe Ridge
Location
Loading map...


Summary[edit]

Built between 1840 and 1867, The Cleeve was a private dwelling until 1944 when the council placed a compulsorary purchase order on the estate of the previous owner, (Mrs Rosamond Moloney), and converted it into the annex for Hastings High School for girls. It was demolished in 1967 so the new school could be constructed on the site.

A deed of sale exists from Thomas Pope to Julian Arthur Worge for £1531.00 in 1867, so the property obviously pre-dates that document.

Images[edit]

{{RN]}