St. James' Church

From Historical Hastings

This Anglican church, originally the Silverdale Mission Hall, was located between Battle Road and Hollington Old Lane and opened in 1877 in the parish of St Mary-in-the-Castle. In 1902, after St John the Evangelist's Church was built in the Hollington suburb, St James's Church became a chapel of ease to it, St. James' finally closed in 1935[1]

References & Notes

  1. St. James