Rocklands was a school located on the East Hill it is now the site of a caravan park.
The school opened in September 1923 with an 'at home' tea as a co-educational facility for boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 14 and was originally under the tutelage of Major J. H. Whittaker-Simpson who aimed to employ the 'result of many years of research and experiment, endorsed by lovers of children and experts in psychology from both the USA and England'.
References & Notes
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 22 September 1923 Pg. 0005