Ore Cemetery

From Historical Hastings
Ore Cemetery
Year established1855
LocationWinchelsea Road
Year Closed1909

Ore Cemetery on Winchelsea Road was consecrated on the 16th December 1855. The site was land donated by Countess Waldegrave. The cemetery was mainly for burying the dead of the Hastings Workhouse and the cemetery closed in 1909. The site remains as a public 'green space' In terms of responsible church, it would appear that St Helen's Church was the main church associated with the cemetery[1]


References & Notes

  1. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 30 September 1922 pg. 5