This area of woodland, adjoining Alexandra Park and extending up to Newgate Road was originally to have been known as "Thorpe's Wood"; having been owned by Councillor Arthur Thorpe JP. The deeds to the woodland were signed over to the council on the 31st of July 1931.
Some years later, on the 8th of May, 1937, the remains of a new-born baby boy were found in the woods
References & Notes
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 25 July 1931 Pg. 0009
- British Newspaper Archive Hastings & St. Leonards Observer 22 May 1937 Pg. 0007