Following the bomb damage sustained during WW2, this pub in the High Street did not re-open until December 1950. It was the first bomb-damaged building in the town to be rebuilt. Gained some fame in 1959 when the Heavyweight British Boxing Champion Don Cockell became the licensee.
References & Notes
- The Hastings Chronicle: 1950-1979 – The Hastings Chronicle, accessdate: 18 January 2020