James Walder & Son
James Walder & Son (ex. Booth, Jenkins & Walder) was a sawmill and timber merchant located in Bohemia Road from 1836, the business continuing through 1872, being taken over by his son, Thomas. The sawmill was located on the site later occupied by the Observer Print Works in Claremont in 1854. Thomas later acquired the Silverhill Pottery and continued the pottery business until around 1886, then utilised the site as a timber-yard.