Hastings Dispensary

From Historical Hastings

The Hastings Dispensary on Oak Passage at the foot of the High Street (adjacent to the Swan Hotel) opened in 1830, funds being raised from a 'Dispensary Ball' for that purpose[1]. In 1841, the premises in which it stood were given to the town by the then-owner, Mr. W. Lucas-Shadwell, and additional funds raised to demolish the smaller building and rebuild on the same site[2]

In 1840, Dr. Cooke took over as resident surgeon from Dr. Willmott, who resigned his post[3]

Images


References & Notes