The Greeba Hotel opened on Marina in 1904. The building is of course much older dating back to 1829 and James Burton's original development of St Leonards. This terrace the hotel and the other terrace that mirrors this one all being completed by 1829. Sadly this didn't stop 54, 55 and 56 from being demolished in the early 1950s. The hotel had closed in 1939 and planning permission was sought in 1951 to turn the hotel into serviced apartments but the building was demolished in around 1952/53 and Greeba Court built on the site in 1962.