Glyne Gap Gasworks

From Historical Hastings

Was opened circa 1905, and extracted 'coal gas' from coal, leaving coke as a by-product. The gas works sustained fairly severe damage from enemy bombing during WW2[1]; the gas-works also producing explosives as part of their processes, and was demolished in 1959.

Images[edit]

References[edit]

  1. Hastings & St Leonards Observer 03 October 1953 pg. 7