From Historical Hastings
No values specified.
|Address||120 Filsham Road|
|Postal Code||TN38 0PE|
|Prop. Ref. No.||100060044827|
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The property was owned by Dr. Adam Bealy until his estate was settled with a value of £32,170 . Following this, it would appear that the lodge was purchased by Mr. H. B. Philpot Esq. and became his residence until his death about twenty years later. An executors sale of the contents is then listed as occurring on the 13th and 14th of May 1925 to realise the estate of H. B. Philpot Esq.By the middle of the 1930s, the property became a convent and day/boarding school - the St. Augustine Convent of Our Lady. A dining room and recreation hall was added adjacent to the building in 1960 on what was a playground.
References & Notes
- ↑ Hastings & St Leonards Observer 15 April 1905 pg. 5
- ↑ Hastings & St Leonards Observer 25 April 1925 pg. 6
- ↑ Hastings & St Leonards Observer 22 August 1936 pg. 1
- ↑ Hastings Borough Council Planning application ref HS/FA/60/00131