Castle Cross House

From Historical Hastings

No values specified.

Castle Cross House
General information
AddressCastle Hill Road

Located in Castle Hill Road, so named for the stonework bearing a cross that was incorporated into the ​building​. The stonework is believed to have come from St. Andrew sub Castro Church, Thomas Cole refers to the ruins of this church as being 'just to the north of Wellington Square and a few yards beyond the boundary of St. Andrew's Church[1].

References & Notes

  1. The Antiquities of Hastings and the Battlefield (Thomas Cole 1864) Pg. 58 Google Books - 1864 ESCC Library. A later edition is also available: ESCC Library - 1884